Saturday, August 18, 2012

first post

Why the anxiety?  It's just a blog!  Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. -Mark Twain  I have wanted to have a "real" blog for so long.  I've started a couple blogs before.  Most of them were for my different businesses... handmade jewelry & baby clothing, and my photography, to generate hits at my stores.  Every once in a while I would feel the urge to just write.  Ah, but it just felt out of place.

For me, writing has been a private thing.  A separate thing.  Something I tucked away and hid.  This is the black book.  I purchased it on a trip to Amsterdam.  It has been my journal for the past 11 years.  




I have other books that I handwrite (yes, handwrite... is that still a thing?) stories, poems, or phrases that run through my head.  


I have had this fear of public writing.  For whatever reason, I cannot figure it out.  The thought of putting myself out there begins to turn my stomach in knots.  Perhaps a deeper issue...

Over the last few years the urge to actually write in a public setting began to build.  Three months ago, I woke up with and urgency to write.  I put my pen to my paper, and it just didn't feel right anymore.  So here I am, at a new season of life, opening my very soul and putting myself out there.  I think I'm finally ready.  So, here's to blogging!  

-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment