Thursday, July 3, 2014

::new:: monogram jewelry & summer designs



Hallelujah for summer sun, ice cold drinks, pool time, BBQ's (absolutely a must here in the Carolinas) and sleeping in!  Summer vacation so far has been grand!  Still, I am working like a busy little bee!  Here's a peek at my new summer designs...

Monogram pendants were hand sculpted using precious metal clay.  For the half locket, I handmade the locket, and gave it a vintage scalloped design on the back.



             The front bezel allows the wearer to inlay their own picture, and plastic slide (provided) on top to protect it.  The pendant hangs on an extra long chain, is weighty, and jingles a little when walking.  I pretty much never take this off!
This bracelet is pretty neat as far as personalization.  I hand drew this victorian style monogram and used a special process to transfer the drawing to fine silver.  I can actually do this with most any handwritten message, drawing, etc.  This opens up many possibilities for customers to personalize a sentimental gift!


Rings!  I love making stacking rings, and this one is an up and coming hot trend.  Charm rings are so fun with their gypsy, boho feel.  I love the slight jingle of sweet trinkets on my finger!

 
The shell and coral sea fan are molds of ones that I found on my trips to the Bahamas.  I love to collect little sea treasures, and I thought these were the perfect fit for lovely dangles.  The details are so life-like!

No tank top or strappy dress is complete with out the perfect statement necklace.  This wire asymmetrical gemstone necklace is my new favorite!

 
I set this faceted labradorite in a handmade bezel, the sparkles and flashes of blue are seriously lovely.  I felt the best compliment to pick up on the deep greens would be a soft sparkly peridot for the accent stone.  I love how this came out!

I decided it would be fun to personalize the back with a hidden message.  For this necklace, I chose, "just be."  A refreshing reminder to simply be oneself.  

Check out Modern Mama Jewelry for more!  
Remember... take it slow this summer, and love every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment