Monday, June 16, 2014

waves.

I've been meaning to write out these thoughts lately.  You know, it's been a while since I've been in business.  I'm starting to remember the rush of sales and success, and then feeling them dry up at times.  It's easy to flood the dry times with extra effort, advertising, research on marketing, new products, and stress everyday that there is no sale.  I can find myself completely consumed with the lack of consumers visiting my site. 


One day it hit me.  I was watching the waves in the ocean 
ebb & flow.  I said to myself, "I trust God with the talents and gifts He has given me."  "I have given Him my business."  "He knows what I can and can't handle."  "His plans are perfect."  I remembered in the past how He had provided business in seasons, and how He also allowed it to quiet down for His purposes.  I've noticed that I had needed those quiet times more than I realized, because other areas in life had gotten overwhelming.  Sometimes, the quiet times had allowed me to rest and dream of more designs.  Other times, it was followed by a giant wave of business, and if it weren't for that season, I would not have been prepared.  In and out, in and out.  In both ways,  He still provided, He always came through.  How simple?  

So for now, I am learning to apply this.  And it IS better living.  Rest when there is time to rest.  There will be a time to be productive when the season allows again.  Like breathing... organic rhythm, unhurried.  This is trust!  Letting go.  Allowing the ebb & flow.

-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment